Monday, January 2, 2012

An Update for the New Year


Since it is officially 2012, I decided to write a long overdue adoption update.

The social worker came to our house for the final adoption home visit on December 9th. She needed to come and look over our home to make sure it was a suitable environment to raise a child. As you could imagine, I was a nervous wreck! I spent a lot of time cleaning the house from top to bottom (even though the social worker had assured us that it wouldn’t be a white glove test). Joe did a wonderful job helping me to stay calm. It turns out my worries were groundless. At the end of the meeting our social worker let us know that our home study was approved! It was a wonderful feeling. Also, our second sets of fingerprints were processed without issue. This means we are all ready to be put in the pool of waiting families. We are due to be put in the pool sometime in January. I will make sure to post another blog once we know when we will be officially waiting.

Since the last visit we have been keeping busy with holiday preparations and gatherings. Now that Christmas and New Year’s is over we will start putting together the nursery. This should be an interesting endeavor since I am not skilled at interior decorating. I plan to ask for a lot of help and opinions! Hopefully my lack of creativity doesn’t prevent us from making a beautiful room for our future son or daughter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs